Friday, November 11, 2005

 

Anything Homer can do I must be able to do better...

so I've decided to join the rest of all you happy bloggers in the hope that, like our balding yellow friend, I too will be able to charm the cyber community into thinking I know anything at all about, well, anything at all. Actually, I do usually know some stuff but today I am rather excrutiatingly hungover so my brain is doing that stuttering thing where even the simplest of tasks - like typing - become a struggle.And also my propensity to waffle on at length about rubbish is much more acute. So apologies, and here's what knowledge I can salvage from my booze-riddled brain this Friday evening:

1) that Hotpoint advert where the record spins round and it makes washing look really easy is CRAP and REALLY ANNOYING because quite clearly, the tribulations of washing are not to be found in pressing the bloody 'on'button but in sorting through the dirty stuff first and then finding somewhere to hang the clean stuff in your small, clothes horse-less house in Brixton. Anybody who falls for that advert is a fool. Like my housemate, who thought it was an advert for a washing machine with a record player in it.

2) putting toothpaste on spots makes you look stupid but really works - especially on the really greasy ones.

3) drinking copious amounts of champagne makes you very drunk.

4) Forders makes a cracking red thai duck curry.

5) Hannah Martin from Neighbours - the world's most irritating soap character, daughter of Julie, grandaughter of Helen the dinosaur Martin - works in a restaurant in Crouch End.(I have not yet established the credibility of this but fully intend to do so, if anyone out there can back up this claim, please let me know so I can go there and throw a massive paddy like she used to do every day, disturbing an otherwise peaceful tea time chez Wig)

There. Consider my wisdom officially imparted. I feel better. Marginally. Pint anyone?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?