Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

how much stuff can happen in 10 days?

A friggin lot is the answer to that! I really shouldn't use this space as a glorified diary coz it will just get SOOOOO DULL, more boring than it already even is. So I'll just list the things I've done - or, more accuratly, that I can remember I've done, since I last wrote:

1) interviewed Annie Lennox, obviously. She was cool, very focused but quite melancholy, passionate about music though which was nice. Even better, my editors loved it and ran the piece the same week, which almost never happens.

2) finished watching LOST. Bugger me its good. Am crap at keeping secrets so not saying any more. Watch it. WATCH IT.

3) booked a surprise thingymibob for my friend for his birthday which I can't actually write about in case he looks at this site, though I've already come close to blowing it loads of times and I doubt I'lll be able to hold off til Xmas, but Im trying....... I mention it here because it was a rather split decision, and I spent quite a while afterwards thinking "shit, I can't believe you just did that." Spontaneity is good for the soul. If not for the wallet.

4) ate millions and trillions of mince pies for my 10 Best MInce Pies thing I'm writing. Betty's from Yorkshire are DEFINITELY hands down by miles the best. My colleagues reckon its a northern bias. But then they're all southerners so they would.

5) taped up our cat-flap that only gets used by our drunk friends to stick their heads through and make silly noises and never actually by cats at all. This is important. I learned this was important after visiting a total-hippy-environment-guilt-riddling-type 'learning centre' in Hebden Bridge near my folk's place and reading that something stupid like 70% of your heating bill goes out of doors and unsealed, non-double glazed, windows. We have not got double-glazed windows, nor can we afford them. Our doors are shaped like parallelograms and require a generous amount of patience and wiggling to get them closed. We don't own a plane. So I thought I'd begin my heating conservation by taping up the cat flap, that was always happily flapping and never enticing any feline attention. I now laugh at the thought of a cat -or one of my drunk friends, for that matter - trying to get through the taped up flap to no avail. Haha. O how interesting my life is.

Perhaps not that much happens in 10 days at all........ Damn my over-excitement! But I did leave the best til last, which is that last Friday - November 25th - I went back up north to go to my boy's brilliant marvelous hiphop/live music clubnight and bloody Roots Manuva showed up!!! We had invited him, coz the twat always plays Manchester when we're across town trying to get people into our gig, so we made this point to his peeps and they concurred that sucked and said they'd try to get down. Not only did they get down AND DISCO they also did "Witness" and "Too Cold" and the new tune and bloody loads of other bloody amazing stuff and we all laughed/cried/shat ourselves and it was brill. So I guess thats why I think I've done loads of stuff because that night was like the culmination of a year's work and was just like, totally dude. I go all American at moments like this. Its annoying, but all I can think of to say is dude. Like, dude. I may have had a similar conversation with Rodney. O good. Ah well, thats only after he fell asleep in the chair in the back room! Bless.

So, if somebody doesn't have something to say about then you're all rubbish. And you have to be somebody other than Jima, who I love dearly, but who clearly has WAAAAY too much time on his hands and has probably spent literally half of the last three years on his Mac. If there was a slightly-less evolved version of the Borg, that would be JIm. But if there is a technical apocalypse, and the machines take over, he would be a front line soldier, which would be bad coz he's pretty lazy......

Argh! Editor. Must go search some crap about Donny Osmond for an interview I did months ago. Bloody deadlines. Laters aligators.

Comments:
http://g4jima.blogspot.com/ busier than you evidently XXXXXXXXXXXX
 
DJ?VJ?EJAYBJAY long live Nathan Barley
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?